If only there was a consistent emoji experience for WordPress.
This was an experimental plugin to develop Emoji support in WordPress. It has been superceded by WordPress 4.2, and no longer works.
This is a WordPress implementation of Twitter's open source twemoji emoji set.
Discussion should mainly take place here via Issues or in the #core channel on Slack.
Development of this plugin is done on Github. Pull requests are welcome.
Don't commit directly to
master. Create a new branch per issue you're working on. Then, when ready open a PR for review.
add/cool-thing fix/dumb-bug update/other-thing
- Add support for static emoji images in RSS and Email
- Performance improvements in TinyMCE
- Add fallbacks to Twemoji for flags only, which Firefox OS X doesn't support
- Add an emoji_url filter, for changing where emoji images are loaded from
- Fix emoji incorrectly being parsed in tags that don't support children
- Only load emoji when the browser doesn't have native support
- Replace emoji with static images in RSS and email
- Remove the bonus smilies added in 0.2
- Replace some more of the smilies with emoji
- Add emoji encoding for non-utf8mb4 character sets
- Replace WordPress' existing smilies with shiny new ones
- Initial version, based on WordPress.com's emoji implementation