An Node JS based web application to visualize musical preferences using Spotofy's API in terms of attributes like tempo, energy, valence, danceability etc along with genre tags obtained from LastFM's API.
- Download the project.
- Run the
npm installcommand in the command line to install the dependencies.
- Create a Spotify application using instructions from this link.
- Get the client ID and client secret that you would need for accessing the Spotify endpoints.
- Modify the
config.jsfile and enter your Spotify client ID and client secret.
- Start the nodejs server by executing the command
- Open the URL
localhost:3000in the browser.
- Upload a text file with the music library details i.e. song names along with the artist names. Sample text files are present in the /sample_subject_preferences folder.
- Exporting playlists directly from spotify and using it for analysis instead of manually entering details.
- Exporting results to a PDF document.
- Fetching related artists and songs using the the Spotify API.
- Extending the playlist export service to other music straming services such as Google play music.