Wayfinder is an indoor mapping solution for helping people navigate indoors. It has been built using NodeJS and MongoDB. The navigation engine is powered by the A-star algorithm. This is the JS implementation of A star algorithm used in this project.
Here is the detailed writeup for this project.
- NodeJS - v8.12.0
- npm - 6.4.1
- MongoDB - 4.0.5
Map SetUp Demo Screen
Search Demo Screen
- Install the node modules using the command
- Install MongoDB 4.0.5.
- From the root directory, run
- Navigate to the address
localhost:3000in your browser.
- About page
- Team field for employee
- Grid resizing on window resizing
- Marking seats as blue colored
- Disable mark-assistance radio buttons in view mode
- Tooltip text for seat.
- Mark lane assistance with click instead of manually entering coordinates.
- Rename map functionality for employee collection as well.
- Search by team name
- validation on save seat
- Remove border from final search page
- Search using just name
- Fix class toggle/addition bug for seats and hallway
- Fix error page
- Save map from save-seat click
- Highlight destination node in the final search green color.
- Clear search result when multiple back-to-bak searches are made
- Clear additional CSS file