Percona XtraDB Cluster (PXC) is an open-source enterprise MySQL solution that helps you to ensure data availability for your applications while improving security and simplifying the development of new applications in the most demanding public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
Based on our best practices for deployment and configuration, Percona Kubernetes Operator for PXC contains everything you need to quickly and consistently deploy and scale Percona XtraDB Cluster instances in a Kubernetes-based environment on-premises or in the cloud. It provides the following capabilities:
- Easy deployment with no single point of failure
- Load balancing and proxy service with either HA Proxy or ProxySQL
- Scheduled and manual backups
- Integrated monitoring with Percona Monitoring and Management
- Smart Update to keep your database software up to date automatically
- Automated Password Rotation – use the standard Kubernetes API to enforce password rotation policies for system user
- Private container image registries
Percona Operators are based on the Operator SDK and leverage Kubernetes primitives to follow best CNCF practices.
Please read more about architecture and design decisions here.
It usually takes two steps to deploy Percona XtraDB Cluster on Kubernetes:
- Deploy the operator from
- Deploy the database cluster itself from
See full documentation with examples and various advanced cases on percona.com.
Percona welcomes and encourages community contributions to help improve Percona Kubernetes Operator for Percona XtraDB Cluster.
Submitting Bug Reports
If you find a bug in Percona Docker Images or in one of the related projects, please submit a report to that project's JIRA issue tracker. Learn more about submitting bugs, new features ideas and improvements in the Contribution Guide.