This is the README for TheGoddamnChatbot.
What is this?, you ask. It's the Goddamn Chatbot, that's what!
Getting this code to work
For starters, you're going to need to meet a few dependencies:
- A modern *nix system (should work on OSX, in theory)
- Python 2.6+ (2.5 can work, if you backport some libs)
- The following packages installed, on your
dependencies.py script can tell you which modules you're missing.
It also patches some old-style classes in the pyxmpp module.
Once it reports that everything is in order, you should be able to run
cb_repl.py and experiment with the triggers.
To actually run chatbot in a MUC room, edit the constants in
config to point to your room and server.
Playing with this code
- The easiest (but least fun) thing to play with is
- It provides a REPL-like environment for running chatbot's trigger commands.
- Note that not all of them will work outside of the chatroom context.
- Load up chatbot by running
- Load an evalbot by running
- Warning! Very little security is in place. Use with discretion.
- Load an auto-responding Shakespeare bot with
- Load a clone of someone in your Pidgin logs with
- Chat from the comfort of your terminal with