Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- week 1 - intro
- week 2 - color
- week 3 - rules
- week 4 - motion
- week 5 - concept
- week 6 - glitch
- week 7 - further
- what is computer art?, hiroshi kawano, 1975.
- computer and the visual arts, a. michael noll, 1966.
- a self-defining game for one player: on the nature of creativity and the possibility of creative computer programs, harold cohen, 2002.
09.05 - lab
- intro to digital art
- intro to openframeworks
- [OF] setup, build, dimensions, header files, addons, community, basic drawing
09.07 - lecture
- early computer art (1950-1970) across the world
- bell labs
- stuttgart school
- constructivism and op-art
color and shape
- solo for a black stroke, vera molnar, 1997.
- point, wassily kandinsky, 1926.
- interaction of color, josef albers, 1963, chap. XVIII-XXV.
- the propaganda of pantone: color and subcultural sublimation, kevin lo, 2016.
09.12 - lab
- the bauhaus
- abstract and expressionist art
- digital color
- [OF] ofVertex, ofShape, ofPixels
09.14 - lecture
- printing code
- randomness in computing
- [OF] ofRandom, ofNoise, savingToPDF
09.16 - lecture
- randomness and uncertainty
- fate and chance
09.18 - prints due at 8am in the Cube space
09.19 - lab
- STILL CRITIQUE
- kinetic art
- animation art
- [OF] ofLerp, ofGetElapsedTime
- the joy of movement, jules engel, unpublished typescript.
- digital harmony of sound and light, bill alves, 2005.
- audiovisual software art: a partial history, golan levin, 2009.
09.26 - lab
- experimental animation
- visual music
- transmutability of data
- [OF] ofSound, shaders
09.28 - lecture
- overview of computer animation and techniques
- work session
- sentences on conceptual art, sol lewitt, 1969.
- art in the information age, edward a. shanken, 2002.
- art against information, mitchell whitehall, 2008.
10.03 - lab
- conceptual art
- data art
- [OF] ofxJSON, ofxXML, ofLoadURL
10.05 - lecture
- MOTION CRITIQUE
- the perception of glitch, rosa menkman, 2002.
- aesthetics of the error: media art, the machine, the unforeseen and the event, tim barker, 2011.
10.10 - lab
- codecs/file formats
- [OF] more shaders
10.12 - lecture
- work on final piece
- softer side of art, maciej wisniewski, 2006.
- ten theses on software art, florian cramer, 2003.
- the photoshop cinema, carolyn kane, in chromatic algorithm, university of chicago press, 2014.
10.17 - lab
- net art
- source code
- commercial software
- digital artworks
10.19 - lecture
- FINAL CRITIQUE
- class recap
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.