You can install robotframework-httplibrary via pip:
pip install --upgrade robotframework-httplibrary
API documentation can be found at http://peritus.github.com/robotframework-httplibrary/, here is an example on how to use it:
|[Documentation]||Follows a Redirect|
|Create HTTP Context||httpstat.us|
|Response Status Code Should Equal||302|
|Response Body Should Contain||generating different HTTP codes|
This library is only tested on CPython. It might work on Jython, not sure.
If you want to hack on this library itself, this should get you started:
# bootstrap development environment git clone https://github.com/peritus/robotframework-httplibrary.git cd robotframework-httplibrary/ python bootstrap.py ./bin/buildout # run tests ./bin/robotframework tests/
I'm very happy about patches, pull-requests and API-discussions (as this is mostly a wrapper supposed to have a nice API)!
- Compatible with Webtest > 2.0
- hard-deprecate 'Set HTTP Host', will be removed soon.
- Add support for python-json-pointer >= 0.6 (if you experienced "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'set_pointer'", you should upgrade to this version).
- add HTTPS support
- add 'Stringify JSON' keyword
- implicitly set correct 'Host' header
Beerware: If we meet some day, and you think this stuff is worth it (or need a more serious license), you can buy me a beer in return.