Liferay Web Content Workflow Configuration Portlet
This portlet to allow assignment of different Liferay workflows to individual Web Content Structures, similar to the request here: Liferay JIRA LPS-13617
- Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA2, GA3 (6.1.1+)
- Liferay Portal 6.1 EE GA2, GA3 (6.1.20+)
- Liferay Portal 6.2 CE GA1 (6.2.0+)
- Liferay Portal 6.2 EE GA1 (6.2.10+)
- Liferay Portal 7.0 M4 (7.0.0+)
Branch 6.1.x holds plugin code for Liferay Portal 6.1 versions. Branch 6.2.x holds plugin code for Liferay Portal 6.2 versions. Branch 7.0.x holds plugin code for Liferay Portal 7.0 versions. Master is sync'ed with branch 7.0.x
Liferay 7.0 now allows workflow by structure configuration via folders. While users can only set a default workflow in the root/home folder, users can now set either a single workflow, or a workflow by structure configuration per folder.
- If you are starting a new instance of Liferay 7.0, we recommend that you use Liferay's out of the box folder-based workflow by structure configuration
- If you are migrating from Liferay 6.0, you can continue to use this plugin (especially since all your web content is in the root/home folder). The plugin will defer to Liferay's configuration first, and only take effect if Liferay's configuration did not result in a workflow defined. This allows you to migrate from this plugin to Liferay 7.0's configuration.
The latest releases are available from SourceForge.
It is also available from the Liferay Marketplace.
This is expected to be installed with a Liferay Workflow Engine, and has been tested with the Liferay Kaleo Workflow Engine. On installing the plugin:
When viewing the Workflow Configuration for a specific community/site, you will see that the "Web Content" asset type has moved to the second section of the page.
You will also find a new portlet "Web Content Workflow Configuration" below Workflow Configuration in the Content section of the Control Panel in 6.1.
Or in the Content section of Site Administration area in Control Panel in 6.2.
This portlet allows the administrator to select specific Workflows for each structure type available to the site (either in the site itself or in the global scope).
Step 1. Checkout source from GitHub project
% git clone https://github.com/permeance/liferay-webcontent-workflow-portlet
Step 2. Build and package
% mvn -U clean package
This will build "liferay-webcontent-workflow-portlet-XXX.war" in the targets tolder.
NOTE: You will require JDK 1.6+ and Maven 3.
Liferay Portal + Apache Tomcat Bundle
Deploy "liferay-webcontent-workflow-portlet-LPX.X-X.X.X.X.war" to "$LIFERAY_HOME/deploy" folder.
Liferay Web Content Workflow Configuration Portlet is available under GNU Public License version 3.0 (GPLv3). A copy of the license is attached in the code package.
- Chun Ho - firstname.lastname@example.org