Phonjour is a web application with simple phone automation features. I'm open sourcing this side project (read the blog post here). Please feel free to extend it, deploy it, or use it as a boilerplate for other web applications.
In order to run:
- Copy .example files to their example-less name (including SSL and RSA files), and populate.
- Set NODE_ENV variable to 'development' or 'production'
- Set STAGING variable to any non-empty string for a staging environment
- The server listens to port 3000 for HTTPS by default, you can redirect it using (not recommended for production): "sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3000"
- The server also listens to port 3001 for HTTP by default. It will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. You can use this command (not recommended for production): "sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3001"
- Configure the config.js file for your needs
- Update the email addresses, link to the explainer video, and contact info on the landing page