Console app and Python API for harvesting email addresses of our ACS students during their first week of ACS lab coursework.
Instructions for teaching assistants
These steps should be performed with your every student group, at the very start of their first week in the ACS labs:
- Copy the
- Ask the administrator to switch the lab to the "exam" mode (aka "provera")
- Wait for all of the students to login
- Instruct the students to:
- Locate the
student-info.inifile in their
- Update the contents of the file with their own information
- Save the file and close the editor
- Locate the
- Ask the administrator to collect the exam
.tararchive and switch the lab to the "normal" mode
Please send your collected exam archives to your professors as soon as you can.
To install acs_student_mail_harvester run:
$ pip install acs_student_mail_harvester
Console app usage
$ acs_student_mail_harvester students.csv --tar-path=examples/
$ acs_student_mail_harvester --help
Python API usage
>>> from acs_student_mail_harvester import get_student_info, store_results_to >>> student_info = get_student_info('examples/') >>> store_results_to('students.csv', student_info)
If you find any bugs, or wish to propose new features please let us know.