The Perl Foundation is dedicated to the advancement of the Perl programming language through open discussion, collaboration, design, and code. The Perl Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization based in Holland, Michigan.
The Perl user groups around the world. Helped out The Perl Foundation.
- O'Reilly's Open Source Conference
- Started out as The Perl Conference and expanded
- Yet Another Perl Conference
- Inexpensive, TPF-driven alternative to OSCON
- Online chat channels
- Freenode (irc.freenode.net) is least obnoxious
- MAGnet (irc.perl.org) has most hardcore Perl folks, but most obnoxious
- Dozens of mailing lists at http://lists.perl.org
- Half message board, half Q&A session
- Most likely to be helpful to newbies
- Slash-based site where Perl people keep journals. Front page publishes Perl news of the day.
Perlcast is a podcast for the Perl community created by Josh McAdams.