CEVOpen Plant Oils
This is an OpenNotebook project to analyze the composition and activity of oils derived from plants as reported in Open Access literature.
Using EuropePMC and ContentMine's getpapers/ami up to 10,000 articles on essential oils are available. These report some/all of:
- plant identity
- literature survey of previously reported activities
- oil chemical composition (by chemical name)
- experimentals determination of activity (often against organisms)
The literature is analyzed to suggests terms for inclusion in dictionaries. All terms are linked to Wikidata where possible
- plant (species binomial or genus) from EssoilDB (cleaned)
- plant part not yet transferred
- [extraction methodology] and metadata not yet transferred
- chemical compound from EssoildDB (cleaned)
- activity (medicinal, other biological (e.g. insect repellent, pheromone))
- targetOrganism (e.g. bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, vectors)
files relating to the management of the project.
We are writing a paper as we go. Hopefully in time for a special issue.
We are building a Docker distribution of the software.
Code of Conduct
All the interns, volunteers and contributors should adhere to the code of conduct, outlined here