Wooof - An application to browse the internet's biggest collection of open source dog pictures.
Table of contents
Beside the learning of using Ionic and React, the following features and topics have been covered and implemented in this app.
- Fetch API data with Hooks
- Add components and pass properties
- Navigation with parameters
- Infinite scroll and refresher
- Picker (triggered with a controller)
- Toast (triggered with a state)
- Including and using a Stencil Web Component
- Capacitor plugins share and storage
- Services worker to cache images
- Deploy with GitHub Actions
I intend to probably write one or some blog posts about the above subjects
The API used in this application to browse and display doggos is the Dog API, the internet's biggest collection of open source dog pictures.
Moreover than being open source and free, this API also allows CORS requests.
Side note: You could find more free APIs in the public-apis GitHub repo.
To develop and run this application locally, proceed as following:
git clone https://github.com/peterpeterparker/wooof cd wooof npm install ionic serve
MIT © David Dal Busco