Providing most of the functionality of Framer Studio, but from the comfort of your terminal.
Framer CLI is in its infancy, but the aim is to create a decent way to build quick prototypes/dynamic layouts in code from the editor of your choice. The current implementation of this tool requires Node.
Who is this for?
This is not a replacement to Framer Studio and is best suited for those who are comfortable with Framer's API and using the command line.
- Local server for previewing/debugging.
- Handles true Node-style modules. Place any code, assets, etc. that you
want in the
requirethem in your main
index.jsfile. Make use of Node modules and third-party Framer modules as well.
- Live reloading when any of the files in your dependency tree change.
- WIP: Intelligent completions that are scoped appropriately. This uses Tern and requires using an editor with a Tern plugin.
- Quickly generate project and module boilerplate.
$ npm install -g peteschaffner/framer-cli $ framer path/to/my/project & $ vim path/to/my/project/index.js
The best way to learn is probably to poke around the project and module
framer(1) generates. For more detailed instructions,