Eerie, package manager for Io
Eerie is an attempt to create feature-full package manager for Io, due to lack of working and usable package managers.
Eerie is modelled after Rip which means that there is no central repository of packages, and that environments
are used as a tool for switching between different versions.
How to install
$ git clone git://github.com/josip/eerie.git $ cd eerie $ io setup.io # Close current terminal session and start a new one or reload your profile $ . ~/.bash_profile
Eerie currently ships with a simple
eerie command which can do all sorts exciting of things!
$ eerie install git://github.com/josip/generys.git
That will, for example, install the Generys package! How exciting!
For a complete guide on installing and using Eerie check out its web site.
- Working package manager
- Converting local files and folders into packages
- Installing from Git, SVN, Bazaar and Mercurial repositories, as well as tarballs (.tar.bz2, .tar.gz, .7z, , .zip, .rar)
- Addons with .c files are being compiled and loaded properly
- All installations are local to the current user, there is no “global mode”
- Command-line tool
Missing basic features (should be added soon)
- Installing specific version of a package