SPDIF Logic Analyzer
This plugin is for use in the Saleae Logic program to decode captured data from any SPDIF Interface.
LICENSE is GPLv2
So far I've built/run it on 64 bit windows and linux.
To build the plugin, change to the plugin directory and run
Once built (look for any errors in the build output), open Saleae Logic and Click
Options > Preferences > "Developer" Tab
The only option should be an area to specify a folder. Point this to the
release folder in this plugin directory. If you already have a generic user-directory to collect plugins, copy
release/libspdifAnalyzer.so to your folder. Other architectures may use other file extensions (Mac: dylib; Linux: so; Windows: dll).
- Auto-clocking, will track changes in clock speed.
- Marks "B" frame boundaries with a white Dod
- Marks out-of-sequence "B" frames with a red Dot
- Marks non-decodable gaps in SPDIF interface with red X
- WAV Output, save the capture to a wave file (48.0 kHz only)
- RAW Output, save all 32-bit words from the interface
- Errors show in data table
Install and assign to the SPDIF wire.
For reliable capture of 48kHz spdif, capture at 25 MHz For reliable capture of 192kHz spdif, capture at 100 MHz
This software is provided as-is, with no guarantees, so there.
- The internal command-line analyzer (spdif.c) detects far more errors than the UI and it would be good to see these capabilities brought out.
- Needs a channel-status and validity bits reported in the data table, ideally only changes would be marked.
- Add a realistic signal generator