Chasing the Wind
"Chasing the Wind" is a fully responsive theme for Wordpress, designed for industrial websites. Qohelet has been adapted from my own ctw theme. However, ctw has been built on the shoulders of giants, utilizing a number of other technologies, such as: 1. The Quark starter theme by Anthony Horton. 2. Quark is in turn built upon Underscores by Automattix. 3. Quark utilizes Normalize, Modernizr and Options Framework. 4. Many other smaller amounts of other technologies have been incorporated, so that I did not re-invent the wheel.
- Made a default, blurred background image, fixed and centered
- Moved the Description (subtitle) text into the banner, and made it inline
- Media queries were added, to make sure the design works on small screens.
- The options page was tidied up, to make sure that users can find the Slider options.
- The sliding widget area was restricted to the front page
- The OCWS Slider was added as a required plugin
I have incorporated code from the WP Sliding Widget plugin. I incorporated the code, instead of requiring the plugin, because the sliding widget is an integral part of what I want for the theme, and also I had to do a fair amount of editing of the CSS, which was set for exact font sizing, instead of responsive sizing.
Initial production of the theme, from Qohelet.