Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
- Fix archive retention expiring too aggressively. (Fixed by Cynthia Shang. Reported by Mohamad El-Rifai.)
- The expire command is implemented entirely in C. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang.)
- The local command for restore is implemented entirely in C.
- Remove hard-coded PostgreSQL user so $PGUSER works. (Suggested by Julian Zhang, Janis Puris.)
- Honor configure --prefix option. (Suggested by Daniel Westermann.)
- Rename repo-s3-verify-ssl option to repo-s3-verify-tls. The new name is preferred because pgBackRest does not support any SSL protocol versions (they are all considered to be insecure). The old name will continue to be accepted.
- Add FAQ to the documentation. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang.)
- Use wal_level=replica in the documentation for PostgreSQL ≥ 9.6. (Suggested by Patrick McLaughlin.)
- Fix segfault when process-max > 8 for archive-push/archive-get. (Reported by Jens Wilke.)
- Bypass database checks when stanza-delete issued with force. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang. Suggested by hatifnatt.)
- Add configure script for improved multi-platform support.
- Add user guides for CentOS/RHEL 6/7.
- Fix zero-length reads causing problems for IO filters that did not expect them. (Reported by brunre01, jwpit, Tomasz Kontusz, guruguruguru.)
- Fix reliability of error reporting from local/remote processes.
- Fix Posix/CIFS error messages reporting the wrong filename on write/sync/close.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The new TLS/SSL implementation forbids dots in S3 bucket names per RFC-2818. This security fix is required for compliant hostname verification.
- Fix issues when a path option is / terminated. (Reported by Marc Cousin.)
- Fix issues when log-level-file=off is set for the archive-get command. (Reported by Brad Nicholson.)
- Fix C code to recognize host:port option format like Perl does. (Reported by Kyle Nevins.)
- Fix issues with remote/local command logging options.
- The archive-push command is implemented entirely in C.
- Increase process-max limit to 999. (Suggested by Rakshitha-BR.)
- Improve error message when an S3 bucket name contains dots.
- Clarify that S3-compatible object stores are supported. (Suggested by Magnus Hagander.)
- Fix possible truncated WAL segments when an error occurs mid-write. (Reported by blogh.)
- Fix info command missing WAL min/max when stanza specified. (Fixed by Stefan Fercot.)
- Fix non-compliant JSON for options passed from C to Perl. (Reported by Leo Khomenko.)
- The archive-get command is implemented entirely in C.
- Enable socket keep-alive on older Perl versions. (Contributed by Marc Cousin.)
- Error when parameters are passed to a command that does not accept parameters. (Suggested by Jason O'Donnell.)
- Add hints when unable to find a WAL segment in the archive. (Suggested by Hans-Jürgen Schönig.)
- Improve error when hostname cannot be found in a certificate. (Suggested by James Badger.)
- Add additional options to backup.manifest for debugging purposes. (Contributed by blogh.)
- Update default documentation version to PostgreSQL 10.
- Add unimplemented S3 driver method required for archive-get. (Reported by mibiio.)
- Fix check for improperly configured pg-path. (Reported by James Chanco Jr.)
- Fix issue with multiple async status files causing a hard error. (Reported by Vidhya Gurumoorthi, Joe Ayers, Douglas J Hunley.)
- The info command is implemented entirely in C.
- Simplify info command text message when no stanzas are present by replacing the repository path with "the repository".
- Add _DARWIN_C_SOURCE flag to Makefile for MacOS builds. (Contributed by Douglas J Hunley.)
- Update address lookup in C TLS client to use modern methods. (Suggested by Bruno Friedmann.)
- Include Posix-compliant header for strcasecmp() and fd_set. (Suggested by ucando.)
- Remove request for S3 object info directly after putting it. (Reported by Matt Kunkel.)
- Correct archive-get-queue-max to be size type. (Reported by Ronan Dunklau.)
- Add error message when current user uid/gid does not map to a name. (Reported by Camilo Aguilar.)
- Error when --target-action=shutdown specified for PostgreSQL < 9.5.
- Set TCP keepalives on S3 connections. (Suggested by Ronan Dunklau.)
- Reorder info command text output so most recent backup is output last. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang. Suggested by Ryan Lambert.)
- Change file ownership only when required.
- Redact authentication header when throwing S3 errors. (Suggested by Brad Nicholson.)
- Fix issue with archive-push-queue-max not being honored on connection error. (Reported by Lardière Sébastien.)
- Fix static WAL segment size used to determine if archive-push-queue-max has been exceeded.
- Fix error after log file open failure when processing should continue. (Reported by vthriller.)
- Automatically enable backup checksum delta when anomalies (e.g. timeline switch) are detected. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang.)
- Retry all S3 5xx errors rather than just 500 internal errors. (Suggested by Craig A. James.)
- Fix missing missing URI encoding in S3 driver. (Reported by Dan Farrell.)
- Fix incorrect error message for duplicate options in configuration files. (Reported by Jesper St John.)
- Fix incorrectly reported error return in info logging. A return code of 1 from the archive-get was being logged as an error message at info level but otherwise worked correctly.
- Add checksum delta for incremental backups which uses checksums rather than timestamps to determine if files have changed. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang.)
- PostgreSQL 11 support, including configurable WAL segment size.
- Ignore all files in a linked tablespace directory except the subdirectory for the current version of PostgreSQL. Previously an error would be generated if other files were present and not owned by the PostgreSQL user.
- Improve info command to display the stanza cipher type. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang. Suggested by Douglas J Hunley.)
- Improve support for special characters in filenames.
- Allow delta option to be specified in the pgBackRest configuration file. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang.)