- PostgreSQL 12 support.
- Add info command set option for detailed text output. The additional details include databases that can be used for selective restore and a list of tablespaces and symlinks with their default destinations. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang. Suggested by Stephen Frost, ejberdecia.)
- Add standby restore type. This restore type automatically adds standby_mode=on to recovery.conf for PostgreSQL < 12 and creates standby.signal for PostgreSQL ≥ 12, creating a common interface between PostgreSQL versions. (Reviewed by Cynthia Shang.)
- The restore command is implemented entirely in C. (Reviewed by Cynthia Shang.)
- Document the relationship between db-timeout and protocol-timeout. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang. Suggested by James Chanco Jr.)
- Add documentation clarifications regarding standby repositories. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang.)
- Add FAQ for time-based Point-in-Time Recovery. (Contributed by Cynthia Shang.)