WaveNet for Chrome
A wrapper for Google Cloud’s text-to-speech services that transforms highlighted text into high-quality natural sounding audio.
How to use
- Download the chrome extension in the Chrome store.
- Generate an API Key using Google Cloud's Console.
- Paste the API Key in the extension's popup menu.
- Right click on highlighted text and click "Read this by WaveNet for Chrome".
Note: Although WaveNet for Chrome is a free extension and Google Cloud's text-to-speech services offer the first 1 million characters free of charge, the regular pricing is $16.00USD per 1 million characters.
- Support for all Google WaveNet voices and languages.
- Ajustable pitch and speed.
- Download selected text to an MP3 file.
- SSML support
- Shortcuts to start speaking (
Cmd+Shift+Son macOS and
Ctrl+Shift+Son all other platforms & modfiable through the following URL: chrome://extensions/shortcuts).
- Split large queries into smaller one to prevent the 5000 character limit.
- Live sentence highlighting.
- Skip or replay sentences and paragraphs.
- Multimedia functions with onscreen display.