Phanbook is the next-generation Q&A and Forum software that makes online discussion, question and answer site for professional and enthusiast people. Also the name Phanbook is mean - Phan(Phalcon PHP)book(the your note book)
Build Status and Join chats us:
- Fast and simple. No clutter, no bloat, no complex dependencies. Phanbook is built with Phalcon PHP so it's quick and easy to deploy.
- Beautiful and responsive. This is Q&A software for humans. Phanbook is carefully designed to be consistent and intuitive across platforms, out-of-the-box.
- Powerful and extensible. Customize, extend, and integrate Phanbook to suit your community. Phanbook's architecture is amazingly flexible, prioritizing comprehensive APIs and great documentation.
- Easily deploy With Docker and Vagrant you can easy deploy to production with Docker and setup environment develop with Vagrant.
- Blogging Create a beautiful, independent online publication
- Free and open. Phanbook is released under the BSD License.
We want Phanbook to be the most powerful Q&A software out there, and we have a huge list of ideas that we want to implement. It will take time, but Phanbook’s flexible plugin system will mean we can release early and often. Here’s a snapshot of what we’ll be working on first:
- Multiple Themes
- Spam Blocking
- Markdown and rich text editing support
- Powerful search with Elasticsearch
- Single sign-on (Facebook, Google, GitHub, etc.)
- Topic/Tags subscriptions and digest emails
- File attachments
- Post flagging/reporting and an intelligent auto-moderation system
- Rewards, badges, and gamification
- Q&A format and voting
- Simple CMS
- The modular structure with a convenient hierarchy that is based on namespaces
Installation / Configuration
Running the Application
You can run the application with either Apache, Nginx, or with the built-in web server feature of PHP. The command would look something like:
php -S 127.0.0.1:8081 -t . .htrouter.php The .htrouter file would then act like an .htaccess file. Or you can run the application through Apache or Nginx.
Note that there are two .htaccess files in the application:
The web root should be
/public/ for this application. The .htaccess rewrites to public for you.
We take security very seriously at Phanbook; all our code is 100% open source and peer reviewed. Please read our security guide for an overview of security measures in Phanbook.
Phanbook is 100% free and open-source. We encourage and support an active, healthy community that accepts contributions from the public – including you!
Before contributing to Phanbook:
- Please read the complete mission statements on phanbook.com. Yes we actually believe this stuff; you should too.
- Read and sign the Electronic Phanbook Forums Contribution License Agreement.
- Dig into CONTRIBUTING.md!, which covers submitting bugs, requesting new features, preparing your code for a pull request, etc.
- Not sure what to work on? We've got some ideas.
- Please note that bug reports should go in phanbook/phanbook or the relevant extension repository.
We are look forward to seeing your pull requests!
The Phanbook Team
The original Phanbook code contributors can be found in AUTHORS.MD. For a complete list of the many individuals that contributed to the design and implementation of Phanbook, please refer to the official Phanbook blog and GitHub's list of contributors.
Copyright / License
Copyright 2014 - 2016 Phanbook Construction Kit, Inc.
Licensed under the BSD License (or later); you may not use this work except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License in the LICENSE.txt file, or at https://github.com/phanbook/phanbook/blob/master/LICENSE.txt