My Dot Files
I am running MacOS. These files (and this README) were many years ago based off Ryan Bates dotfiles, although they have drifted far, far away now !
Run the following commands in your terminal. It will prompt you before it does anything destructive. Check out the Rakefile to see exactly what it does.
git clone https://github.com/phantomwhale/dotfiles ~/.dotfiles cd ~/.dotfiles rake install
Feel free to customize the .zshrc file to match your preference.
Some things are not automated when moving between machines, such as:
- Copying SequelPro favourites (there are two files you need to copy over for this) - passwords come over in the keychains
- Little snitch doesn't seem to install automatically via MAS
- Little-snitch rules need to be backed up and imported
- DBPowerAmp needs manually installation
- Go to iTerm2 > Preferences > “General” tab, and in the “Selection” section, check the box which says “Applications in terminal may access clipboard” if it isn’t checked.
- Logitech mouse software http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/performance-mouse-mx/downloads