Wiki for the Pharo programming language and development environment.
Looking for a list of awesome projects? Check-out awesome-pharo, a curated list of awesome Pharo projects.
- Pharo projects
- External projects
- Migration guidelines
- External resources
- Setting up a new project
- Things beginners must learn
- Interesting things to know for beginners
- How to run Pharo from the command line - How to run pharo from the command line.
- How to deal with baselines - Configure your project and its dependencies.
- Pharo code export formats - Explanations about code formats used to export code to VCS such as git.
- Extension methods - How to extend existing classes in your packages.
- Traits - Structure to build classes via composition.
- How to deploy a pharo application - A guide to deploy a Pharo application.
- Some cool snippets in Pharo - A cook book to answer common needs of a Pharo developer.
- How to setup a travis build - How to have automated build on travis
- Progress bar - Display a progress bar to give feedback to the user.
- Profiling - Measure the time and space your program takes to execute.
- Menubar and World menu - A guide to configure and customize Pharo's menubar and world menu.
- Layout - Documentation about the layout management in the Morphic Library of pharo.
- Pragmas - A guide on Pragmas, annotations to compiled methods to add additional properties.
- Coding conventions - A list of convention to follow when writing Pharo code.
- Playground - Documentation on the usage of Pharo's playground.
- Windows 10 Subsystem For Linux (WSL) - Getting Pharo to run on Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux.
- Using CJK (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean) characters - Guide to help you configure Pharo to support Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters.
- Using CJK input methods - Guide to help you configure Pharo to support CJK input method.
- Iceberg on Windows workaround - Troubleshooting for some issues appearing when using Iceberg on Windows.
- Exceptions - How Pharo's exceptions work and explanations on how to use them.
- Sorting collections - How to sort collections with Pharo's built-in API.
- Refactoring - Documentation on the usage of Pharo refactoring's tool.
- Tweaking big images - Tips to make large pharo images more responsive.
- Sessions management - Documentation on setting up start-up and shut-down actions in Pharo.
- Image file format - Documentation about binary format of Pharo images.
- Settings - How to use Pharo's settings system to define your own settings.
- Announcer - Implementation of the observer design pattern built-in Pharo.
- Basic interactions with OS
- Dynamic variables
- Rich text
- WebBrowser - A project to open a link in the default web browser.
Pharo and OpenSmalltalk Virtual Machine
- Pharo Community - Various links of people involved in Pharo community. Helps to discover Pharo ecosystem.
- Contributing to Pharo - Official tutorial on how to contribute to Pharo using Iceberg.
- Generating your own Pharo images (Bootstrapping) - Tools for generating small Pharo images from source code.
- Magritte3 Wiki - Wiki related to Magritte3.
- Sean's wiki about pharo - The wiki of Sean P. DeNigris related to Pharo.
- #pharotip hashtag on twitter - Tweets to help new users to easily get going with Pharo, started by @astares.