Gadget: A Generator for New Drupal Projects
Gadget will set up a Drupal project with the site skeleton and tools to build your project and configure your build system with the Grunt Drupal Tasks kit.
- Automatically uses the latest version of Grunt Drupal Tasks.
- Select from Drupal 7, Drupal 8, Atrium 2, or Octane. The latest published release of the selected option will be used.
- For Drupal 8, creates a
composer.jsonfile that requires the latest stable Drupal, Drupal Console, and Drush.
- For Drupal 7, creates a Drush Makefile so your grunt build process is ready to assemble a working codebase immediately!
- Provides numerous configuration files for Git, IDE's, and other tools for Drupal best practices out-of-the-box.
- The entire Grunt Drupal Tasks features list is ready to go, including Behat Testing, Static Analysis, and Continuous-Integration readiness.
npm install -g generator-gadget grunt-cli yo
To set up a new Drupal project with Grunt Drupal Tasks using Gadget, run the following in a new directory:
--offline: Will make a best effort to complete generator run, though some generated values may be non-applicable, such as Drupal Core version of "0".
--use-master: Will make a point of leveraging the master version of Grunt Drupal Tasks.
--skip-install: Will skip running
npm installat the end of the generation process.
--skip-readme: Will not generate a README.md. (Useful when you've already hand-crafted the perfect project introduction!)
--skipWelcome: Skip opening welcome message.
--skipGoodbye: Skip closing messages.
- For information on using Grunt Drupal Tasks after installing with Gadget, see the Grunt Drupal Tasks documentation.
- Interested in the Frontend? Check out our sibling project, Generator Patter Lab Starter to get a theme ready to go with options for Pattern Lab, icon fonts, SASS, visual regression testing, and more.
Install the dependencies:
docker-compose run --rm cli npm install
Then run the generator:
docker-compose run --rm yo gadget