Laptop is a set of scripts to get your laptop set up as a development machine.
Mac OS X
First, enable FileVault in the Security preference pane. Keep the key someplace safe. Reboot.
Grab XCode from the App Store and install it.
Then, open Terminal and run this one-liner:
bash < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/phase2/laptop/master/mac)
What it sets up
- git, gist and hub for working with Git/GitHub
- MySQL 5.5.20 (with some good performance configuration for a dev machine)
- coreutils and findutils with the 'g' prefix (so we don't miss out on Linux goodness)
- PHP 5.3.10 with MySQL support
- Process Control
- VirtualBox 4.1.12
- phpsh (for Drush)
- Vagrant (for managing VirtualBox virtual machines)
It should take about 40 minutes for everything to install, depending on your machine.