This repo holds one of a series of examples of JAMstack sites from a freeCodeCamp video. The video, "Introduction to JAMstack" is available to view for free on freeCodeCamp.
The first of our 6 code examples, this is a very basic starting point. Just a single, static asset which we will build on as the tutorial progresses.
In the video, we show this single asset site being deployed via Netlify Drop for the simplest drag and drop CDN deployment.
To work on this example locally, you can clone the repository and simply start editing. There is no build step or any pre-requisites.
git clone https://github.com/philhawksworth/fcc-1-simply-static
If you wanted to quickly clone this repository and deploy it as a new site on Netlify you can click the button below for a rapid start.
For a better understanding of what this example is and why it exists, you can jump directly into the video at the point we are discussing this example
- Example 1 - All simply static (👈 you are here)
- Example 3 - Introducing a static site generator
- Example 4 - Generating pages from a content API
- Example 5 - Generating localized pages, with geo-IP routing at the CDN
- Example 6 - Client-side rendering targeted API content
- jamstack.org - More info and resources
- Official JAMstack slack - conversation about JAMstack and web development (come on in!)
- Modern Web Development on the JAMstack, O'reilly, 2019 - Book on building websites with the JAMstack. Available as a free e-book.