freeCodeCamp JAMstack examples
This repo holds one of a series of examples of JAMstack sites from a freeCodeCamp video. The video, "Introduction to JAMstack" is available to view for free on freeCodeCamp.
About this example
In the video, we show the pre-built, ready-to-serve assets to out hosting environment, using the drag and drop facility to create a new immutable deployment within Netlify. The video also introduces different types of rendering, explaining:
- Client-side rendering
- Server-side rendering (At request time)
- Server-side rendering (At build time)
To work on this example locally, you can clone the repository and simply start editing. There is no build step or any pre-requisites.
git clone https://github.com/philhawksworth/fcc-2-adding-js-for-simple-render
Clone and deploy
If you wanted to quickly clone this repository and deploy it as a new site on Netlify you can click the button below for a rapid start.
Watch the video
For a better understanding of what this example is and why it exists, you can jump directly into the video at the point we are discussing this example
Other code examples in this series
- Example 1 - All simply static
👈you are here)
- Example 3 - Introducing a static site generator
- Example 4 - Generating pages from a content API
- Example 5 - Generating localized pages, with geo-IP routing at the CDN
- Example 6 - Client-side rendering targeted API content
More JAMstack resources to explore
- jamstack.org - More info and resources
- Official JAMstack slack - conversation about JAMstack and web development (come on in!)
- Modern Web Development on the JAMstack, O'reilly, 2019 - Book on building JAMstack. Available as a free e-book.