A WordPress Framework for rapid child-theme development.
- Responsive Layouts
- Base 960 Grid 960px
- Tablet (Portrait) 768px
- Mobile (Portrait) 320px
- Mobile (Landscape) 480px
- Easy CSS Framework Scaffolding
- Child Theme Ready
- Style Agnostic - overwrite existing style with ease
- Responsive Menu (coming soon)
- Responsive Video embeds
- Browser Detection
Appearance -> Themes Add New Upload -> generic-fw.zip Add New Activate
I personally recommend using a Child Theme as that is the best way to rapidly develop a custom Wordpress theme. Visit http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes for more details
- Theme Layout Customization Options
- Post Format Options
- Loosely Display Featured Images
- V:0.9.61 - 01/06/14
- Main Sidebar Widget - css class - "sidebar-widget" to "widget"
- Main Sidebar Widget Title - css class - "sidebar-title" to "widget-title"
- Page Template - css class - "page-title" to "post-title"
- Single Template - css class - "page-title" to "post-title"
- Editor Style Added for a more unified look
- style.css organized a bit
- V:0.9.65 01/09/14
- Theme Customizer Options - Upload Logo, Global Disable Page and/or Post Comments
- Minor CSS edits
- V:0.9.70 1/14/14
- Theme Customizer Options - Blog Display Excerpt or Full Content Option
- New CSS for Primary Navigation, it wasn't style agnostic enough for my taste. Now allows infinite amount of depth
- V:0.9.71 1/15/14
- Reverted Menu CSS back to previous version, will return to it another time.
- V:0.9.75 1/15/14
- New CSS for Primary Navigation, works better than all previous versions!
- Theme Customizer Option - Adjusted the loop to acually switch between full and excerpt
- Removed some cruft
- Renamed GitHub directories to the way WP outputs the zip
- Added "mobile-off" class to quickly remove elements from mobile devices
- Organized Stylesheet more
- .btn classes have been added for quick buttons
- light CSS cleaning
- alpha and omega classes added to align-right and align-left
- remove-top, add-top, half-top classes added
- Change content and sidebar column widths through Theme Customizer
- Add custom classes to sidebar and content area
- .button and submit input styled to resemble the Generic Framework style
- Added normalize.css for better cross browser support
- Removed HTML5 Tags such as and , replaced with divs for better legacy browser compatibility. May affect child themes, replace header#header and footer#footer tags with #header and #footer tags.
- Added shortcodes for buttons
- Cleaned up buttons inside of p tags
- Removed shortcodes (WordPress complience won't let me)
- Minor bug fixes
- Added Verticle-Divider class, add to a div surrounding columns to add dividers.
Generic Framework is built with the following resources:
HTML5 Shiv - http://code.google.com/p/html5shiv/ License: Dual licensed under the MIT or GPL Version 2 licenses Copyright: @afarkas @jdalton @jon_neal @rem