Ococoa ("Ottawa Cocoa") is a simple app for the Ottawa-Gatineau Cocoaheads attendees.
All are welcome; our meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month.
It performs the following tasks:
"Rings the doorbell" at our meeting place using Push Notifications
Shows you the next meeting's agenda
Easily propose new meeting topics
The Ococoa app now includes a pass, built using Apple's Passbook for iOS 6 and up.
Passbook makes it easy to send notifications to your users, even without an app installed.
This implementation has both a pass (client) and webservice endpoints (server) using Google App Engine.
Get the source and build it
- This will create the missing files
- The build will fail. This is normal.
Delete the #error in OCPrivateInfo.m
- The app will now build and run, but Push Notifications (Ring the Doorbell) won't work
(Optional) Push Notifications
- The application uses UrbanAirship for Push Notifications, so if you are building your own you will need the appropriate credentials from UrbanAirship.
- You can create a free UrbanAirship account, create a new app, and use those credentials
- UrbanAirship provides 1M free push notifications a month, which is fine for a local user group
- You will also need a web server to talk to UrbanAirship using their API
- This source code contains such a web server, written in python for Google App Engine
You can download a free version on the App Store. This Open Source repository is to encourage participation and sharing. The link is https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/ococoa/id510227146?mt=8 You must edit 'OCPrivateInfo.m' before the app will build. You will need some UrbanAirship credentials, and a server that can handle a GET request (basically, any web server). If you don't attend (or plan to attend) the monthly meetings, this app will be somewhat useless to you.