Useful Twilio Functions
Twilio Functions are a serverless environment to build and run Twilio applications so you can get to production faster. You provide the Node.js code to perform the task you need and Twilio runs it. You can read more about Twilio Functions and how to use them in the introductory blog post.
This repo is intended to be a collection of useful Twilio Functions that are tested and documented. The intention is that you can take any of these Functions and drop them into a project, confident they will work. Whether you are a developer looking for a particular building block or a builder who justs needs a particular Function.
Each Function lives in its own directory within this repo. To use the code, copy the contents of the main Function file to your Twilio Function. Make sure you read the Function README so that you know which environment variables to set and the parameters the Function takes when you make HTTP requests to it.
This is the list of Functions available in this repo:
- Hello world - A very basic Function to get this repo started
- Forward message - Forward incoming SMS messages to another number
- Forward message to email using SendGrid
- Hunt/Find me - Call a list of numbers in order until one answers
- Forward message to email with other API providers
- Generate Video access token
- Generate Sync access token
- Generate Chat access token
- Generate Twilio Client access token
- Conference line
- Inbound calls for SIP registration
- Outbound calls for SIP registration
- Hunt/FindMe caller (take a list of numbers and calls each in order until one answers)
- Translate webhook from
application/jsonand forward on to another service
Please add ideas if you have them.
Pull requests and new Functions are accepted. To make a contribution, follow these steps:
- Fork this repository ( https://github.com/philnash/useful-twilio-functions/fork )
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
Please note that this project is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct. By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.
This project and Twilio Functions use Node.js version 6.10.2. I recommend using nvm if you need to install multiple versions of Node.js. Clone or download the project, use the correct version of Node.js and install the dependencies:
nvm use npm install
Tests are written with Jest. Run them with:
MIT © Phil Nash