CodeIgniter-REST Client is a CodeIgniter library which makes it easy to do use REST services/API's such as Twitter, Facebook and Flickr, whether they are public or hidden behind HTTP Basic/Digest. The examples below are VERY simple ones and more can much more can be done with it.
Please take a look at the code to see about things like api_key() and other post/put/delete methods.
- PHP 5.1+
- CodeIgniter 2.0.0+
- CodeIgniter Curl library: http://getsparks.org/packages/curl/show
// Load the rest client spark $this->load->spark('restclient/2.2.1'); // Load the library $this->load->library('rest'); // Set config options (only 'server' is required to work) $config = array('server' => 'https://example.com/', //'api_key' => 'Setec_Astronomy' //'api_name' => 'X-API-KEY' //'http_user' => 'username', //'http_pass' => 'password', //'http_auth' => 'basic', //'ssl_verify_peer' => TRUE, //'ssl_cainfo' => '/certs/cert.pem' ); // Run some setup $this->rest->initialize($config); // Pull in an array of tweets $tweets = $this->rest->get('statuses/user_timeline/'.$username.'.xml');
CodeIgniter Rest Client was origionally written by the awesome Phil Sturgeon, The following people have contributed to this project:
- Chris Kacerguis (https://github.com/kitsched)
- vlakoff (https://github.com/vlakoff)
- Steven Bullen (https://github.com/StevenBullen)
- rhbecker (https://github.com/rhbecker)
- János Rusiczki (https://github.com/kitsched)
- David Genelid (https://github.com/junkie)
- Dmitry Serzhenko (https://github.com/serzhenko) -> Added PATCH support
- Paul Yasi (https://github.com/paulyasi) -> SSL Peer Verification