Miscellaneous Bash scripts that I've created and/or found useful over the years
- +x.sh - Make a script executable.
- batt.sh - A quick little indicator for battery status on your Mac laptop.
- cdf.sh - Change working directory to the top-most Finder window location.
- decom.sh - Decompress just about any archive (Zip, Tar, 7z, etc.) with a single command.
- dns-flush.sh - Flush DNS cache (See: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5343).
- dnstest.sh - Tests DNS providers to determine which is fastest.
- extract.sh - Quickly decompress archives of all types.
- ifactive.sh - Quickly display all active network adapters.
- ip.sh - Show IPv4 address for interface en0.
- ipe.sh - Show external IPv4 address for interface en0.
- makepass.sh - Super easy way of generating a random 20 character password.
- raspi_dupeip.sh - Fixes the duplicate IP issue seen on the Raspberry Pi.
- raspi_update.sh - Raspbery Pi: Checks for updates, upgrades the OS, and installs the latest firmware.
- sparse.sh - Mounts a sparsebundle disk into the supplied path.
- Download script(s).
- Make script(s) executable by running
chmod +x script_name.
- Copy script to
Source is released under the MIT License (MIT) license.