This is a repository of some basic recipes for EY-Cloud using chef to deploy, setup, and configure common tools for Rails applications.
Follow these steps to use custom deployment recipes with your applications.
- Install the engineyard gem:
gem install engineyard
- Type in terminal after installing engineyard gem:
- Enter in Email and Password used to log into engineyard. This will activate your ability to push chef recipes to an environment.
- Add any custom recipes or tweaks to your copy of these recipes.
- Upload them with:
ey recipes upload -e ENV, where ENV is the name of your environment in Engine Yard Cloud. This may be different than your Rails environment name.
- Once you have completed these steps, each rebuild will run the your
recipes after the default Engine Yard recipes have run. When you
update your recipes, just re-run
ey recipes upload -e ENV.