Write an application that shows time in different timezones
- User must be able to create an account and log in.
- When logged in, a user can see, edit and delete timezones he entered.
- Implement at least three roles with different permission levels: a regular user would only be able to CRUD on their owned records, a user manager would be able to CRUD users, and an admin would be able to CRUD all records and users.
- When a timezone is entered, each entry has a Name, Name of the city in timezone, the difference to GMT time.
- When displayed, each entry also has current time.
- Filter by names.
- REST API. Make it possible to perform all user actions via the API, including authentication.
- In any case, you should be able to explain how a REST API works and demonstrate that by creating functional tests that use the REST Layer directly. Please be prepared to use REST clients like Postman, cURL, etc. for this purpose.
- All actions need to be done client side using AJAX, refreshing the page is not acceptable.
- Minimal UI/UX design is needed. You will not be marked on graphic design. However, do try to keep it as tidy as possible.
- Bonus: unit and e2e tests.
bin/setup bin/rails server
cd tz && npm install && npm run dev
# run rails test-suite bin/rake # run vue test-suite cd tz && npm run test