Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Changes from Phon 2.1.8
Version 3.0.0 is a significant update to Phon and is recommended for all users.
- General improvements to user interface
- Updated Welcome and Project windows
- New look and feel for wizards
- Improved phone alignment
- Revamped Query & Report system
- Streamlined Query & Report wizard
- New Report Composer for creating customized query reports
- Reports are now generated in HTML format. Report tables can be exported to CSV and Excel formats.
- New query history implementation allowing access to previously executed queries directly from the Query wizard. Entries in the query history can be 'named' and will appear in a combo box next to the query history controls.
- Updates to the phonex language
- Added grouping ability including capturing groups, named groups, non-capturing groups, look ahead/behind, and back references
- Added support for or'ed group expressions.
- Added support for C/C++ style comments (i.e., /* */ and //)
- Refactored Praat support
- Improved TextGrid support
- Updated acoustic data reports for new Query system
- Added VoT acoustic data report
- New analyses
- New syllabifier languages: Babbling, Icelandic, German, Slovenian
- New ipa lookup languages: Ewe, Persian
Phon 3.0+ only supports 64-bit operating systems.