Gopypi is private pypi repository implemented in go language. Gopypi can store your private packages and support
Gopypi supports distutils/setuptools setup.py uploading of packages.
And it does more thant this.
Gopypi supports management of active users, maintainers of packages and lot more.
This project is under development and should NOT be used in production for now. I am working to implement all features and bring alpha version in short time. Stay tuned!
If you install gopypi you will get out of the box following features:
- auth module - maintain users with access permissions, maintainers access to packages
- packages - uploading of packages, versions, files (directly from setup.py)
- Licenses - list of licenses for uploaded packages
- Clean admin interface - Simple but powerful modern SPA admin interface (written in vue.js)
- Embedded static data - all static files are embedded directly into binary
Gopypi has some optional features that can be enabled in administration, such as:
- download stats - stats about downloaded packages
- automatically assign maintainers - reads information from python packages and assigns users
Gopypi has modern SPA admin interface where you can browse information about packages, maintain user credentials etc. Currently only admin can login into this administration, but that will change in near future, so all active users can log into admin and see information about packages they maintain.
Command line interface
gopypi is single binary which has multiple subcommands, you can see them by typing
The easiest way is to download precompiled binaries from github repository releases. Current version ccan be found here:
Otherwise you can type
go get github.com/phonkee/gopypi/...
After you have installed gopypi you need to create config file. You can use gopypi command
makeconfig that helps
you with generating new configuration interactively.
Gopypi currently supports postgres, mysql databases. To correctly setup database dsn refer to
- postgres - https://godoc.org/github.com/lib/pq
- mysql - https://github.com/go-sql-driver/mysql#dsn-data-source-name
Now it's time to run database migrations:
./gopypi migrate --config gopypi.conf
This will apply all database migrations automaticaly. For every new gopypi release migrate command is needed to be run.
After you have applied all database migrations it's time to create new admin user, so you can access admin interface:
./gopypi createadmin --config gopypi.conf
After you have succesfully created admin user you can now run server.
./gopypi runserver --config gopypi.conf
Gopypi has following features planned:
- list of package classifiers with stats
- only admin can login into admin interface
- enable registration from
python setup.py register
- email notifications about package changes
- classifiers - create page in admin groupping packages by classifier
For instructions how to write
setup.py you can find more information in admin interface
Here are some screenshots from gopypi admin
Admin user list
Admin add user
Admin package detail
Admin download stats
You are welcome!