PhotoPrism: Browse Your Life in Pictures
PhotoPrism® is an AI-powered app for browsing, organizing & sharing your photo collection. It makes use of the latest technologies to tag and find pictures automatically without getting in your way. You can run it at home, on a private server, or in the cloud.
To get a first impression, you're welcome to play with our public demo at demo.photoprism.org.
- Browse all your photos and videos without worrying about RAW conversion, duplicates or video formats
- Easily find specific pictures using powerful search filters
- Privacy-friendly: No data is ever sent to Google, Amazon, Facebook, or Apple unless you explicitly upload files to one of their services
- Recognizes the faces of your family and friends
- Automatic classification of pictures based on their content and location
- Play Live Photos by hovering over them in albums and search results
- Since the User Interface is a Progressive Web App, it provides a native app-like experience, and you can conveniently install it on the home screen of all major operating systems and mobile devices
- Includes four high-resolution World Maps to bring back the memories of your favorite trips
- Metadata is extracted and merged from Exif, XMP, and other sources such as Google Photos
- Many more image properties like Colors, Chroma, and Quality can be searched as well
- Use PhotoSync to securely backup iOS and Android phones in the background
- WebDAV clients such as Microsoft's Windows Explorer and Apple's Finder can connect directly to PhotoPrism, allowing you to open, edit, and delete files from your computer as if they were local
Step-by-step installation instructions for our self-hosted community edition can be found on docs.photoprism.org - all you need is a Web browser and Docker to run the server. It is available for Mac, Linux, and Windows.
Our latest release not only includes
facial recognition, it also comes as a
single multi-arch image for AMD64, ARM64, and ARMv7.
That means you don't need to pull from different Docker repositories anymore.
We recommend updating your existing
docker-compose.yml config based on
Also, please leave a star on GitHub if you like this project. It provides additional motivation to keep going.
Thank you very much!
Our vision is to provide the most user- and privacy-friendly solution to keep your pictures organized and accessible. The roadmap shows what tasks are in progress, what needs testing, and which features are going to be implemented next.
Please give ideas you like a thumbs-up
Please use GitHub Issues only to report clearly identified bugs to us. If you are not sure, first use GitHub Discussions or ask in our Community Chat. Sponsors receive direct technical support via email.
When reporting a problem, please include the version you are using and information about your environment such as browser, operating system, installed memory, and processor type.
We welcome contributions of any kind, including bug reports, testing, writing documentation, tutorials, blog posts, and pull requests.
Because we want to create the best possible product for our users, we have a set of guidelines to ensure that all source code submissions are acceptable. They include step-by-step instructions for submitting new features, bug fixes, and documentation improvements.
Reviewing, testing and finally merging pull requests requires significant resources on our side. If it's not just a small fix, it can take several months.
PhotoPrism® is a registered trademark of Michael Mayer. You may use it as required to describe our software, run your server, for educational purposes, but not for offering commercial goods, products, or services without prior written permission. In other words, please ask.