PhotoPrism: Browse Your Life in Pictures
PhotoPrism® is an AI-Powered Photos App for the Decentralized Web. It makes use of the latest technologies to tag and find pictures automatically without getting in your way. You can run it at home, on a private server, or in the cloud.
To get a first impression, you are welcome to play with our public demo. Be careful not to upload any private pictures.
Our mission is to provide the most user- and privacy-friendly solution to keep your pictures organized and accessible. PhotoPrism was designed from the ground up to run wherever you need it, with no compromise on freedom, privacy, or functionality:
- Browse all your photos and videos without worrying about RAW conversion, duplicates or video formats
- Easily find specific pictures using powerful search filters
- Recognizes the faces of your family and friends
- Automatic classification of pictures based on their content and location
- Play Live Photos by hovering over them in albums and search results
- Since the User Interface is a Progressive Web App, it provides a native app-like experience, and you can conveniently install it on the home screen of all major operating systems and mobile devices
- Includes four high-resolution World Maps to bring back the memories of your favorite trips
- Metadata is extracted and merged from Exif, XMP, and other sources such as Google Photos
- Many more image properties like Colors, Chroma, and Quality can be searched as well
- Use PhotoSync to securely backup iOS and Android phones in the background
- WebDAV clients such as Microsoft's Windows Explorer and Apple's Finder can connect directly to PhotoPrism, allowing you to open, edit, and delete files from your computer as if they were local
Because we are 100% self-funded and independent, we can promise you that we will never sell your data and that we will always be transparent about our software and services. Your data will also never be shared with Google, Amazon, Facebook, or Apple unless you intentionally upload files to one of their services.
Step-by-step installation instructions for our self-hosted community edition can be found on docs.photoprism.app - all you need is a Web browser and Docker to run the server. It is available for Mac, Linux, and Windows.
The stable version and development preview have been built into a single multi-arch image for 64-bit AMD, Intel, and ARM processors. That means, Raspberry Pi 3 / 4 owners can pull from the same repository, enjoy the exact same functionality, and can follow the regular installation instructions after going through a short list of requirements.
Existing users are advised to update their
docker-compose.yml config based on our examples
available at dl.photoprism.app/docker.
Support Our Mission
- Your continued support helps us provide regular updates and remain independent, so we can fulfill our mission and protect your privacy
- Sustained funding is also key to releasing new features requested by you and other community members
- Being 100% self-funded and independent, we can personally promise you that we will never sell your data and that we will always be transparent about our software and services
We currently have the following sponsorship options:
- GitHub Sponsors is priced in USD and also offers one-time donations
- Patreon is priced in Euro and also offers yearly payments
- Stripe will be available in 2022, so you can sign up directly in the app without having a Patreon or GitHub account
- You are welcome to contact us for crypto donations, bank account details, and business partnerships
Also, please leave a star on GitHub if you like this project. It provides additional motivation to keep going.
Visit docs.photoprism.app/user-guide to learn how to sync, organize, and share your pictures. If you need help installing our software at home, you can join us on Reddit, ask in our Community Chat, or post your question in GitHub Discussions.
Common problems can be quickly diagnosed and solved using the Troubleshooting Checklists in Getting Started. Eligible sponsors are also welcome to email us for technical support and personalized advice.
Upcoming Features and Improvements
Our Project Roadmap shows what tasks are in progress, what needs testing, and which features are going to be implemented next. Please give ideas you like a thumbs-up
We have a zero-bug policy and do our best to help users when they need support or have other questions. This comes at a price as we can't give exact deadlines for new features.
Since our team receives many more requests than can be implemented, and for the avoidance of doubt, we also want to emphasize that we are in no way obligated to implement the features, improvements, or other changes you request. We do, however, appreciate your feedback and carefully consider all requests.
Because sustained funding is key to releasing new features, we encourage all users to sign up as a sponsor. Ultimately, that's what's best for the product and the community.
We kindly ask you not to report bugs via GitHub Issues unless you are certain to have found a fully reproducible and previously unreported issue that must be fixed directly in the app. Thank you for your careful consideration!
- When reporting a problem, always include the software versions you are using and other information about your environment such as browser, browser plugins, operating system, storage type, memory size, and processor
- Note that all issue subscribers receive an email notification from GitHub for each new comment, so these should only be used for sharing important information and not for personal discussions/questions
- Contact us or a community member if you need help, it could be a local configuration problem, or a misunderstanding in how the software works
- This gives our team the opportunity to improve the docs and provide best-in-class support to you, instead of handling unclear/duplicate bug reports or triggering a flood of notifications by responding to comments
Connect with the Community
Follow us on Twitter and join the Community Chat to get regular updates, connect with other users, and discuss your ideas. Our Code of Conduct explains the "dos and don’ts" when interacting with other community members.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with anything that is on your mind. We appreciate your feedback! Due to the high volume of emails we receive, our team may be unable to get back to you immediately. We do our best to respond within five business days or less.
Every Contribution Makes a Difference
We welcome contributions of any kind, including blog posts, tutorials, testing, writing documentation, and pull requests. Our Developer Guide contains all the information necessary for you to get started.