php-build -- Builds multiple versions of PHP.
Clone the Git Repository:
% git clone git://github.com/CHH/php-build.git
Then go into the extracted/cloned directory and run:
This installs php-build to default prefix which is
To install php-build to an other location than
/usr/local set the
PREFIX environment variable:
% PREFIX=$HOME/local ./install.sh
If you don't have permissions to write to the prefix, then you
have to run
install.sh as superuser, either via
su -c or via
- Added support for 5.3.14, 5.3.15, 5.4.4, 5.4.5 (CHH)
- Fixed Linux support regarding
- Various bug fixes (sanemat, Milly)
- Added support for 5.3.3, 5.3.12, 5.4.2 (loicfrering)
- Commenting out the
php.inifiles so the default extension dir is used. (sanemat)
- Honor the
--lib-dirwhich was defined in the definition file by the user (#61). (grota)
- Added support for patching releases by separating the download/extract step from the build step (#60). (grota)
- Updated XDebug in all definitions to
- Added a
Vagrantfilefor setting up an Ubuntu 10.10 environment for testing php-build.
- Added a simple automated testing system using bats (see
run-tests.sh). There are 3 configurations:
all: Builds all builtin definitions and runs the test suite on each of them.
stable: Builds the most recent versions of the 5.3 and 5.4 series.
- Supply a definition name and it builds only the definition and runs the test suite on it.
- Fixed bug #57: Automatic enabling of extension does not work with
- Added support for 5.4.3, 5.3.13
- php-build now works as plugin to humanshell/phpenv (humanshell).
- Added support for 5.4.1, 5.3.11
- Better handling of
*.dSYMexecutables (CHH, eriksencosta).
--pearflag to install the good old pear installer alongside of Pyrus.
- Added 5.4.1RC1, 5.4.1RC2, 5.3.11RC1, and 5.3.11RC2 (loicfrering).
- Removed a hack which renamed generated debug symbols on OSX.
- Removed IMAP from enabled extensions.
- Added experimental
with_apxs2, which makes an Apache HTTPD module.
install.shby removing the unused
- XDebug was updated to 2.1.3 in all
- PEAR and Pyrus can be installed along each other. This is experimental though.
php-build.5about the definition file format.
- A particular revision can be passed to
- Added definition for 5.4.0 final (loicfrering).