/* $OpenBSD: strlcat.c,v 1.2 1999/06/17 16:28:58 millert Exp $ */
* Copyright (c) 1998 Todd C. Miller <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com>
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products
* derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
* INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
* AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL
* THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
* EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
* PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS;
* OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
* WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR
* OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF
* ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
#if defined(LIBC_SCCS) && !defined(lint)
static char *rcsid = "$OpenBSD: strlcat.c,v 1.2 1999/06/17 16:28:58 millert Exp $";
#endif /* LIBC_SCCS and not lint */
* Appends src to string dst of size siz (unlike strncat, siz is the
* full size of dst, not space left). At most siz-1 characters
* will be copied. Always NUL terminates (unless siz == 0).
* Returns strlen(src); if retval >= siz, truncation occurred.