What is PHPLucidFrame?
PHPLucidFrame (a.k.a LucidFrame) is an application development framework for PHP developers. It provides logical structure and several helper utilities for web application development. It uses a functional architecture to simplify complex application development. It is especially designed for PHP, MySQL and Apache. It is simple, fast, lightweight and easy to install.
Almost zero configuration - just configure your database setting and you are ready to go. No complex JSON, XML, YAML or vHost configuration.
No template engine to eliminate overhead of template processing and to save your storage from template cache files.
It supports a wide range of web application development features:
- Datatase access API
- Security control
- URL routing
- Validation helpers
- Internationalization & Localization
- User authentication & authorization API
- Schema Manager
- Database Seeding
- Shell & Console Tool
- Web Server (Apache with
- PHP version 5.3.0 or newer (optional
mcryptextension enabled, but recommended)
- MySQL 5.0 or newer with MySQLi enabled.
- Extract the downloaded archive in your local webserver document root, and you will get a folder named phplucidframe-x.y.z where x.y.z would be your downloaded version.
- Rename it as phplucidframe.
- Open your terminal or command line and CD to your project root, and then run
php lucidframe secret:generate. For more about the PHPLucidFrame console, read the documentation section "The LucidFrame Console".
http://localhost/phplucidframein your browser.
- (Optional, but recommended) Copy
/app/inc/tpl/head.phpif you want to update it.
Note: If you have your own project folder name other than phplucidframe in your development environment, you have to change the value of
/inc/parameter/development.php in accordance with your project name.
Alternate Installation with Composer
You can install PHPLucidFrame alternatively using Composer. Open your terminal and CD to your webserver document root, and then run
composer create-project --prefer-dist phplucidframe/phplucidframe [your-project-name]
Note: You have to change the value of baseURL in
/inc/parameter/development.php according to
Furthermore on Installation
URL Rewrite : Make sure you have
mod_rewrite activated on your server / in your environment.
- XAMPP for Windows
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- EasyPHP on Windows
- AMPPS on Windows/Mac OS
- MAMP on Mac OS
Based URL : There are two situations you will have to leave the configuration
baseURL empty in
- when you have a virtual host for your application in your development environment.
- when your application in production evironment where you upload the framework files directly to your web server document root.
Routing : You can define custom routes in
/inc/route.config.php. The following routing for home page maps to
PHPLucidFrame encourages a structured page organization. You can check the recommended structure in the sample page folders and codes
/app/example/ of the release.
Additional Site Settings : You can also configure the other settings in
/app/inc/site.config.php according to your requirement.
CSS Template : PHPLucidFrame provides you a default site CSS template
/assets/css/base.css. To make your site easily upgradable in the future, create your own file in
/app/assets/css with whatever name you like and update your
/app/inc/tpl/head.php by including
<?php _css('yourfilename.css'); ?>. Then you can override the rules of
/assets/css/base.css in your CSS file.
- PDF Documentation - The complete PDF documentation is available to download.
- API Documentation - API documentation of every version is available and generated by ApiGen and phpDocumentor.
- Code Samples - The quick reference and coding samples are also available in the release.
- Sample Administration Module - The configuration guideline for sample administration module.