Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
See also the 2015-03 Meeting IRC Log
Supporting Conservancy defend the GPL
Conservancy is supporting and funding Linux kernel developer Christoph Hellwig's lawsuit against VMware, see http://sfconservancy.org/news/2015/mar/05/vmware-lawsuit/
Do we want to donate to the campaign?
--Nijel 16:25, 9 March 2015 (CET)
We've agreed to donate $500 on this purpose.
Supporting Conservancy in general
We already support Conservancy with a percentage of our revenues but should we do more? See http://sfconservancy.org/supporter/.
--Lem9 12:52, 10 March 2015 (CET)
We've agreed on 4x120 annual supporters.
Users mailing list
When we moved support to Stackoverflow (Sept 2013), we decided to keep the users list as a reference (https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/mailman/phpmyadmin-users), but I suggest to delete it. I made an experiment by Googling for strings present on old threads of this list, and they are found in archives external to SourceForge.
This list receives subscription requests to which we reply that the list is closed.
--Lem9 11:34, 5 March 2015 (CET)
We will try to get backup of messages and delete afterwards. Another option is to make it private/hidden in case backup fails.
We don't have alternative themes compatible with 4.x. Also, we don't have a color-blind-friendly theme. As part of his tasks, Madhura could adapt a few earlier themes.
--Lem9 12:48, 9 March 2015 (CET)
- Madhura will create new colorblind friendly theme included in master and shipped with phpMyAdmin.
- The most popular download theme Metro can be probably used as base for it.
- There was big discussion about removal of the Original theme, but we will first try to collect some stats on the error reporting server to see how much is it used.
Feature requests discussion
- https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1609/ (lock table structure page on dropdown changes?)
--Lem9 13:36, 9 March 2015 (CET)
- 1300: Too much work and few possible users, rejected.
- 338: Inconsistency which should be fixed, moving to bugs.
- 354: Has valid points, let's keep it open.
- 415: Not much usecases, possibly complex code, rejected.
- 1609: Depends on user preference, decision postponed.
Using the reporting server
I'm not sure how team members are using the reporting server but looking at my own usage pattern, I mostly look for incidents in the current or previous release. The idea is that older reports may be out of date (already fixed) and that unfixed bugs will most likely come back in later versions.
So we should do something to reduce the number of older tickets in this server. Can be done:
- server-side (we can mark all older reports as "out of date")
- client-side (so that newer releases would have logic to avoid offering to send a report if user is running an outdated version)
--Lem9 13:44, 5 March 2015 (CET)
Server side solution seems to be preferred.
About the closing tag
--Lem9 13:03, 9 March 2015 (CET)