Clone this wiki locally
See also the 2015-07 Meeting IRC Log
RFE Human readable/writable URLs
--Lem9 19:19, 21 June 2015 (CEST)
We will implement the HTML5 history API. Regarding eliminating the token there are concerns about avoiding CSRF. For now, nijel proposes making GET requests read-only, and using the token only for POST requests.
RFE Cross-tabulation / pivot table
- probably out of scope
--Lem9 19:35, 21 June 2015 (CEST)
This is outside the scope of phpMyAdmin. While we provide several ways for users to visualize and interact with their data, phpMyAdmin isn't a full featured data analyzer.
RFE Unite Structure and Relation view
--Lem9 20:04, 21 June 2015 (CEST)
We've decided not to implement this.
At one time, pages were too long which lead to the sub-tab structure that is used in several places (including Structure / Relation view); this would be going back to a single longer page which is not desirable.
RFE Auto-updater (re-discuss)
- Was discussed here: http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/2013-10_Meeting#Auto-updater
- We got a request to reconsider the decision (in the RFE)
--Lem9 13:05, 24 June 2015 (CEST)
We all tend to think this is a good idea, and on reconsideration have re-opened the ticket https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1458/
Terminology: Users vs Accounts
- Discussion started in https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4973/
- See also http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/account-names.html for a justification to switch to "User accounts" in our UI
--Lem9 14:26, 2 July 2015 (CEST)
Accepted -- the tab will now read "User accounts" moving forward, and some of the other terminology will be adjusted as well. There was debate about whether the text "User accounts" was too long for the tab; in the future if this is an issue we can further resist it to "Accounts"
Naming style for Configuration Storage variables
Whether to use underscore between words in Configuration Storage variable names; for instance we have
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bookmarktable'] but also
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_uiprefs']. We should pick one style for future tables; I do not propose changing any existing variables, only standardizing moving forward.
--Ibennetch 17:54, 2 July 2015 (CEST)
Underscores are widely approved as the best scheme here.
RFE Ctrl+Enter submit for textarea in Table Insert form
- May be useful, but doubts raised whether to change the common behavior of basic html textarea, the PR is already there, so we should decide over merging.
- PR: https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/1750 adds Ctrl+Enter submit not only for textarea but for all inputs (ENUM, function dropdowns etc.)
- Discussion so far: There is some similarity with console/sql query box (where we run SQL queries with ctrl+enter) and grid editing (which by definition has double-click + enter way to edit).
--Zixtor 00:31, 7 July 2015 (CEST)
It's accepted that CTRL-Enter makes sense, and we'll look in to whether this can be applied globally or must be done to each form.