Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
If you want to participate in GSoC 2009 as a student, you should do your best to persuade us that you are the best candidate.
- Show us some PHP code you've written in the past.
- Links to projects where you participated if there are any.
- Get involved as soon as possible with the phpMyAdmin project.
- Introduce yourself on mailing list.
- Submit patches for bugs or new features, so that we can see your code before starting big GSoC project.
- Write good proposal (and use MySQL template for that).
- Fill in all fields.
- Define goals of your proposal, we should see quickly what is topic of your proposal.
- Choose descriptive name (phpMyAdmin overhaul, phpMyAdmin improvements are not good ones).
- Clearly define deliverables.
- At least define what you expect to deliver in mid-term and as a final results.
- It is okay to define optional deliverables also.
- If you want to do import improvements, consider submitting also secondary proposal, because we have quite a lot of students for this topic already.