Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
What to do if you have been accepted as a student for Google Summer of Code 2009?
Set up a blog where you will communicate your results. It is okay to use existing one. (Last year there was http://www.planet-soc.com/ which provided blogs for this purpose.)
- Start posting immediately, begin with a description of your project.
- You should post an update there every week.
- This blog will be aggregated on phpmyadmin.net.
Subscribe to phpmyadmin-devel mailing list and introduce yourself.
- Include the link to your blog there.
- Describe your project in short.
Benefit from the Community Bonding Period (from April 20 to May 23)
- Familiarize yourself with phpMyAdmin's code base
- Contact your mentor and establish a plan for the upcoming weeks
Ask questions in public.
- Ask on the mailing list unless you have a good reason to ask directly your mentor.
- You can also use irc to ask questions (#phpmyadmin on freenode).
Follow any rules MySQL will set up for students (the list below is currently based on last year).
- Send weekly reports to email@example.com.