Hi, I'm Lenz Weber-Tronic.
My vision is to help developers write better software with a great development experience.
I'm currently looking for a new challenge.
Who am I?
You can find a deeper insight in the "Work Experiences" section further down the page, but here is a TLDR:
- FullStack Senior Developer with about 20 years of experience, currently mostly working on a React, React Native, TypeScript, GraphQL and Node stack
- Maintaininer of Redux Toolkit, actively interacting with the community on GitHub, Twitter, Discord, StackOverflow and Reddit
- well-established member of the TypeScript and React communities, known for complex "type wizardry"
- deep Linux & DevOps knowledge (currently running NixOS as a daily driver and for my private "experimental cloud")
- regularly evaluating new technologies for the company-internal tech radar
- on-demand "company-internal consultant", helping teams choose and get up to speed with new technologies, helping kickstart projects, holding workshops
- conference, meetup and barcamp speaker
- and also a conference, meetup and barcamp visitor
- personal deep interest in IT security
- confident to quickly pick up new technologies. If you are thinking about hiring me way outside my current tech stack, I'm up for that challenge!
Example positions I am looking for
- a FullStack Senior Developer position on
- tooling for developers (debuggers, compilers, editors, linters etc.)
- library/api design
- any other project I can get enthusiastic about - you tell me :)
- an external DevRel position
- showcase your product (podcasts, blog posts, conferences)
- create code examples on how to integrate it with other products
- interact with the community to help them use your product and find pain points in usage
- create tutorials and a knowledge base for commonly asked questions
- coordinate with library authors for better integration in different ecosystems
- an internal DevRel position
- evaluate technologies and help teams find their right tech stack
- teach teams on new technologies
- help teams get unstuck
- accompany teams through migrations and big refactors
- mentor new employees
- serve in the role of an "internal consultant"
The job should be full remote. I live and work in Germany (UTC+1/+2 summer time).
If you have an interesting opening for me at your company (or are thinking about creating one), please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work experience & other qualifications
(recent & important first)
RTK Query creator & maintainer (2020-now)
I created RTK Query, a data fetching & caching library to be used with Redux Toolkit.
It is by now considered one of the "big three" REST api caching libraries in the React ecosystem, along with SWR and TanStack Query.
Redux Tookit maintainer (2019-now)
As a member of the Redux team, I interact with users on Discord, StackOverflow, Reddit or in our issues on a daily basis.
This includes helping users with questions, collecting feature requests and planning future apis with the team.
I also implemented a large portion of the Redux Toolkit code base.
A lot of focus has gone into the TypeScript types to give our users the best possible IDE experience (autocomplete, early errors).
The library is often mentioned as an example for very state-of-the-art library types.
Mayflower (2016-now)Senior FullStack + DevOps at
Currently I work in an agile team on a 14 year old project consisting of multiple applications - from modern React frontends and React Native apps over microservices to old php monoliths and Cordova Apps, working on all parts of that stack.
My most used technologies are:
- React & React Native
- GraphQL (Postgraphile, Apollo Client, NestJS, multiple servers using schema merging)
- node & express
- trpc & grpc
Additionally I am part of the company-internal "Gruppe Dev" where we create an internal technology radar and work on educating our devs with current technologies.
I also consult other internal teams in whichever way I can - kickstarting projects, choosing technologies, teaching concepts and reviewing code & architecture.
Diplom der Informatik an der Universität Würzburg (sehr gut)
Roughly equivalent to a Master of Computer Sciences (final grade "very good").
Conference talks, panels, publications
- ECMAScript as an evolving language (c't webdev 2019)
- ECMAScript as an evolving language (code.talks 2018)
- React Advanced London (October 22)
- c't webdev (November 22)
Meetups & Workshops
- What's up with Redux? | FrankenJS 2022
- Modernes Redux in 2021 - Wo wir stehen und was noch kommt | WUE.tech
- Modern Redux | Mayflower Developercamp 2020
- Web UI-Testing | Mayflower Developercamp 2020
- Web UI-Testing | WueWW 2020
- Auditing a GraphQL API by integrating Postgraphile and pgMemento | Open Mayday Berlin 2020
- React Workshop | WueWW 2019
- passB | FrankenJS 2017
- (kreative) Einsatzmöglichkeiten kryptografischer Token | NerdEnd 2016
- Geschäftsgeheimnisse sichern mit YubiKey | Donnerstagsvortrag@Mayflower, 2016
- various other spontaneous Barcamp Sessions on the Mayflower Developercamps 2017, 2018, 2019
- dozens of other talks and workshops at company-internal events
- React Hooks Cheatsheet for Developers (40-page booklet for conference swag)
- my blog
- my articles in the Mayflower blog
- Visualizing denovo RNAseq experiments (diploma thesis)
- TBro: visualization and management of de novo transcriptomes
Egghead instructor (upcoming)
I am currently in the middle of recording an Egghead course on RTK Query - it should be done by the end of 2022.
pps-edv (2003-2015)Developer at
Jack-of-all-trades Developer position, on a lot of very different projects:
- desktop applications in C#
- embedded software on GPS devices in Java (J2ME)
- software for integration with navigation software on Windows ME devices
i-cue Medienproduktion (2009-2015)Sysadmin at
Working as a Linux System Administrator.
- Setting up and maintaining shared hosting environments and email on bare metal servers for a few hundred users.
- Setting up the company-internal development servers
- Planning & implementing a backup strategy.
You can take a look at my StackOverflow Profile where I primarily answer Redux questions.
Supporting member of CCC (Chaos Computer Club)
I am a supporting member of the German Chaos Computer Club, Europe's largest association of security specialists/hackers and a frequent visitor of their events.
This means I'm very well versed in security best practices and keep these in mind whatever I do.
Other Open Source:
- Co-Maintaining fork-ts-checker-webpack-plugin (2019-2019)
- Co-Maintaining react-async (2019-2019)
- TBro (my diploma thesis project)
- Contributions to (among others)