.:: SPREAD ::.
Spatial Phylogenetic Reconstruction of Evolutionary Dynamics
Version: 1.0.7rc, 2013
Authors: Filip Bielejec, Andrew Rambaut, Marc A. Suchard & Philippe Lemey
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the LICENSEGNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
SPREAD is a Java program supporting processing and visualizations of BEAST’s phylogeographic models (BEAST software).
Contains visualisations (templates), wrapped in a user friendly interface. Supported visualisations include embedded Processing applets and KML output for viewing in Google Earth or any other virtual globe software capable of reading the format.
A tutorial on using SPREAD is availiable here
SUPPORT & LINKS
Suggestions or bug reports:
Depends on the following libraries:
- quaqua.jar (libquaqua64.jnilib, libquaqua.jnilib)
You’re interested in contributing to SPREAD? THAT’S AWESOME! Here are the basic steps:
1. fork SPREAD from here: http://github.com/phylogeography/SPREAD
2. Hack, hack, hack!
3. Document your changes in the Changelog
5. Push the changes
6. Send a pull request to the phylogeography/SPREAD project.
- Rewrite Log file reader
- Mean tree calculation (from .trees file)
- Combobox for relaxed (from parser) / standard brownian motion (rate of 1)
- Annotate the terminals in the tree with corresponding taxon names
- Move all the parsing code to reader classes for trees → avoid code duplication
- Add command line interface for kml templates
- Fix large scaling factor issues
- Spread v2.0