Private Internet Access welcomes community contributions, and are always looking for ways in which to improve. Please take a look at our contribution guidelines, and get involved with the PIA community.
Bugs and Issues
Have you found a bug? Is our software behaving in an unexpected way? Please check the open issues for duplicates -- perhaps a fix is already in development, or maybe a solution has already been published. If not then please submit a bug report using our template
Feature requests can also be submitted as issues. We’d be grateful if you checked for duplicates also before submitting a feature request.
Working with our Code
- Fork the repository. Make sure to keep your repository synced with the source repo.
- When you are ready to start working on a new feature, cut a new branch from “develop” with the prefix “feature/” (e.g. “feature/name-of-feature”).
- Refer to the README for instructions on how to install and build.
Making Pull Requests
- Sync the develop branch in your fork with the develop branch in the source repo.
- Make your pull request from “feature” in your fork to “develop” in the source.
- Use short and concise commit messages.
- Lint your code before committing and making a pull request.
- Write unit tests for new features and make sure all tests are passing.
- If your pull request contains multiple commits or commits that are not meaningful, consider squashing them.