A lightweight* update for the look of your Apache directory listings (as generated by mod_autoindex).
- Adds a breadcrumb based on the path segments
- Renders Readme files found in the current folder into a box at the beginning of the page
- Makes it easy to use your own CSS (or icons)
- Bootstrap (Based on Twitter Bootstrap)
- Apple OS (Mimics Finder / iOS table view) early beta, may not work in every browser!
- Uberspace (Inspired by http://uberspace.de) beta
To use the alternate stylesheets adjust the
$css variable in
- Apache with mod_autoindex installed
- PHP > 5.2 (< 5 is should work, but who would recommend anything below 5.2?)
- Support for .htaccess including allow_override
- Upload the swtndx folder to the folder you want to make public (Attention: it contains a .htaccess file which might be invisble depending on your and the servers OS)
- Also upload the _.htaccess and rename it to .htaccess (If you already have an .htaccess in your folder, please append the contents of _.htaccess to yours)
- Optional, but recommened upload the robots.txt to lock out search engine spiders
If it doesn't work check everything (the file that was named 1_.htaccess might contain more information for you).
If it still doesn't work get mad, throw things around. Then sit down and try again. Read the Apache docs: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/
Don't give up!
If you consider yourself ready for the advanced installation, you should know what to do, but here are some tipps anyway.
- Upload the swtndx folder to any location on your server and use symlinks to add it to the folders you want to make public - Makes it easy to update.
- Don't upload. Use git and clone the repository, then use symlinks. Makes it even easier to update.
- Don't forget to check if your Apache has follow-symlinks enabled. If it doesn't, you can uncomment a line in the .htaccess that came with swtndx, it might be able to enable it for you.
- v1.2 (20120229) Added a new default style sheet (Minimal) which is closer to the pre 1.0 default stylesheet and is smaller than the Bootstrap based one.
- v1.1 (20120106) Added early draft for new stylesheet which mimics the Mac OS X Finder and iOS
- v1.0 (20120104) re-release under new name, updated pretty much everything
- v0.5 Intermezzo, rewrote most of it
- v0.3 (20100201) bugfix: weird php error
- v0.2 (20100201) bugfixes: favicon, colours, copyright, robots.txt
- v0.1 (20100130) initial release
This is provided 'as is' and I'm not responsible for anything you do with it. Thanks.
swtndx is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
The default icons are custom made by @kinaj exclusively for swtndx. You are not allowed to use them elsewhere. Contact @kinaj for your very own custom icons, he makes amazing things. http://janikbaumgartner.com/
This script includes the Chalkwork icons set made by Dave Shea and available at http://chalkwork.com/ and are licenced under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0
The bootstrap style uses http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
Thanks for reading. Florian Pichler, http://einserver.de