PicoScope 6000 Series - MATLAB Generic Instrument Driver
This MATLAB® Generic Instrument Driver (Beta Release) allows you to acquire data from the PicoScope® 6000 Series Digital Oscilloscopes and control in-built signal generator functionality. The data could be processed in MATLAB using functions from Toolboxes such as Signal Processing Toolbox.
The driver has been created using Instrument Control Toolbox v3.6.
This Instrument Driver package includes the following:
The MATLAB Generic Instrument Driver
Example scripts that demonstrate how to call various functions in order to capture data in various modes, as well as using the signal generator.
The driver can be used with the Test and Measurement Tool to carry out the following:
- Acquire data in Block mode
- Acquire data in Rapid Block mode
- Use the Built-in Function/Arbitrary Waveform Generator (model-dependent)
The driver will work with the following PicoScope models:
- PicoScope 6402 & 6402A/B/C/D
- PicoScope 6403 & 6403A/B/C/D
- PicoScope 6404 & 6404A/B/C/D
- PicoScope 6407
- MATLAB for Microsoft Windows (32- or 64-bit) or Linux operating systems (64-bit).
- Instrument Control Toolbox
- The PicoScope Support Toolbox
- MATLAB 2015b is recommended for 32-bit versions of MATLAB on Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Installing the Instrument Driver files
We recommend using the Add-Ons Explorer in MATLAB in order to install these files and obtain updates.
If your version of MATLAB does not have the Add-Ons Explorer, download the zip file from the MATLAB Central File Exchange page and add the root and sub-folders to the MATLAB path.
Drivers are available for the following platforms. Refer to the subsections below for further information.
- Download the PicoSDK (32-bit or 64-bit) driver package installer from our Downloads page.
- Follow the instructions from our Linux Software & Drivers for Oscilloscopes and Data Loggers page to install the required
You can download the Programmer's Guide providing a description of the API functions for the ps6000 shared library used by this Instrument Driver.
To view Pico Technology's Hardware Support page, please visit:
Issues can be reported via the Issues tab.
Please leave a comment and rating for this submission on our MATLAB Central File Exchange page.
Contributions to examples are welcome. Please refer to our guidelines for contributing for further information.
Copyright and licensing
See LICENSE.md for license terms.
PicoScope is a registered trademark of Pico Technology Ltd.
MATLAB is a registered trademark of The Mathworks, Inc. Instrument Control Toolbox and Signal Processing Toolbox are trademarks of The Mathworks, Inc.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Copyright © 2014-2017 Pico Technology Ltd. All rights reserved.