A tiny, hackable BitTorrent client written in modern C++. Based on Rasterbar-libtorrent to provide high performance and low memory usage.
- Full support for BitTorrent 2.0 (BEP-52), v1, v2 and v1+v2 hybrid torrents.
- Supports DHT, PeX, LSD, UPnP.
- (Azureus-style) peer ID:
-PI0151-(major: 0, minor: 15, patch: 1).
- User agent:
- Native look-and-feel across Windows versions.
- Easy to use with high performance.
The portable version of PicoTorrent requires manual installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019.
To successfully build PicoTorrent, you need the following libraries and applications installed,
- CMake (>= v3.14).
- Visual Studio 2019 Build Tools (or regular Visual Studio 2019) with the C++ toolset.
- OpenSSL v1.1.1 (not the light version) for the architecture you plan on building. Both Win32 and Win64 can be installed side by side.
- Boost 1.73.0.
- Chocolatey (Optional) if you plan to build or test the Chocolatey package.
- .NET Core. Used for the build scripts.
λ git submodule update --init --recursive λ dotnet tool restore λ dotnet cake --platorm=[x86|x64] --configuration=[Debug|Release]
PicoTorrent uses Weblate to handle the translation process. If you want to help, feel free to signup and give your contribution.
Copyright (c) Viktor Elofsson and contributors. PicoTorrent is provided as-is under the MIT license. For more information see LICENSE.